Explosion Proof Central Vacuum Systems
The build up of combustible dust can pose the very real and immediate threat of an explosion inside your manufacturing or storage facilities. NFPA 654, section 8.2.3, Portable Vacuum Cleaners, describes the requirements portable vacuum cleaners should meet in order to collect combustible dust particulate solids. Industrial grade vacuum cleaners are only acceptable for certain applications.
- portable industrial vacuum cleaners certified (i.e., intrinsically safe, explosion proof) for use to collect combustible dust unless an assessment of the work area environment and the vacuum cleaner by a qualified person indicates a vacuum (e.g, a ?Shop Vac?) not certified for use with combustible dusts can be used safely, or
- a central vacuum system, or
- contractors who specialized in industrial vacuuming.
Manufactured in a ISO9001 certified facility here in the United States, our certified explosion-proof vacuums are intrinsically safe with all parts fully grounded, static dissipating and guaranteed to be spark-free by impact. Every one of our explosion-proof vacuums conforms to Class I, Division 1&2, Group D and Class II, Division 1&2, Groups F&G requirements for use in hazardous locations.
For smaller central systems (ie the number of operators) our EX vacuums are more economical than stationary sytems.
Our certified vacuums are:
- Under 8 cu. ft. certified for indoor use
- Compression cast composite housing will not dent, break or rust
- Carbon impregnated housing is chemically neutral and static dissipating (<10-6 Ohms) to eliminate static discharge
- Modular housing backed by our lifetime warranty
- Industry-leading MicroClean filter is 99.9% efficient at 0.5 microns, preventing filter clogs and cutting down on costly filter replacements
- Foot-actuated dustpan allows for easy, dust-free emptying
- In house design of tubing layout
- CAD drawings of tubing layout
- Installation services avaiable
Reviewing your housekeeping requirements?
It is impossible to provide compliance with combustible dust issues without FIRST determining what those risks are ? each system is unique. Let us assist you with a Needs Assessment Evaluation.
as always, MADE IN THE USA!